Impasse Form (P)

At the point in the negotiation of conditions of employment where the parties are unable to reach an agreement, despite efforts to do so by direct negotiations and the use of third-party mediation or other arrangement, a party or parties may request the Board consider the matter by filing a request that the Board consider a negotiation impasse or approve a joint request for binding arbitration procedure to resolve a negotiation impasse.  Please click here to access the form. Please note that certain forms require a password. You must contact the OCWR at 202-724-9250 to obtain a password.

Representation Petition

Please click this form if you want to file a petition concerning labor representation.

Unfair Labor Practice Charge 

The Section 220 of the CAA prohibits Unfair Labor Practices (“ULP”) as enumerated at 5 U.S.C. § 7116.  If a legislative branch employee, union or employing office believes that a ULP has occurred, the aggrieved party may file a ULP Charge with the OCWR General Counsel, using the appropriate form below.  The OCWR General Counsel is responsible for investigating and prosecuting meritorious ULP Charges consistent with 5 U.S.C. § 7118 and Part 2423 of the OOC Substantive Labor Management Relations Regulations.  Note that an original and 1 copy of a ULP Charge must be filed with the OCWR within 6 months of the ULP’s occurrence in order to be considered timely filed. 

ULP Charge Against an Employing Office 

ULP Charge Against a Labor Organization